Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Home Child Care Provider

So far today I have loaded the dishwasher 3 times and unloaded it twice.  I have swept the kitchen floor 3 times, picked up countless toys, changed over 20 diapers and wiped MANY noses.  I have rocked 5 children to sleep... at least once each.  I've done 2 loads of laundry, made three completely balanced meals (plus a snack), read several books, been called "Mamma" about a hundred times, settled several disputes over personal space and e-mailed parents about concerns with their child.  I have kept records, made bottles and cleaned up spills.  I have bleached counters and changing tables, sanitized binkies and kissed boo-boos.

Am I complaining?  Nope!  This is what I choose to do.  Because today I made a difference in the lives of children.  Every snotty hug, slobbery kiss, silly song, smile and cuddle will help mold who these little people become and I am so privileged to be a part of that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment