Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Today I cleaned my doors.

I've mentioned Fly Lady in a previous post.  I swear by this plan!  And, with a new year here I have decided to really get on track with it and keep my house in shape!  They have something called "Zone cleaning" where your home is divided in to 5 zones and for a week or so every month you concentrate on deep cleaning that area.  Eventually your house gets clean and stays that way!
This week is Zone 1.  That involves entry ways, porches, dining room.  Today I cleaned the outside of my doors and I realized something.  As a 30 year old, I have never cleaned the outside of my doors in any house I've lived in.  Okay, sure, I may have hosed one off here and there and if I owned a glass door, it got cleaned.  But, I went outside and I cleaned my doors and I was a little appalled!  My doors were dirty and the trim was dirty and there were cobwebs.
I looked at my doors like visitors would and I was pretty embarrassed!  I mean, this is the first thing people see as they walk in my house!  So, if you've ever come to my house and thought that I was a lazy bum because my doors are so dirty, let me tell you that's not the case!  I'm not a detail person.  I'm a big picture person.  So, I don't notice things like dusty doors and dirty trim and fingerprints by the doorknob.  I just see the whole front porch as a big picture.  So, don't worry, I will never notice the dust on your door.  And, for all you that do notice those things.... I'm on it!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment