Friday, June 24, 2011

An Open Letter to Satan...

Satan:


I thought you should know that I am shrinking.  And, clearly that should scare you.  I am decreasing so that Jesus' spirit that lives in me can increase.  I had a rough year a couple of years ago.  Really rough.  And, it hurt a little, but I sensed then and know now that God was breaking me down.  Not so He could build ME back up, but so He would have more room to be housed within me.
I used to be blind to your tricks.  I wanted to be blind to you and pretend you and your realm of darkness did not exist.  But, I am learning and growing and I am more aware than I've ever been of your presence in THIS world.  I see you now.  I see how you pick at me and try to wear me down.  But, I also have been made aware of how weak and vulnerable my flesh is.  So, I don't depend on myself anymore.  True, I've been a Christian for over 18 years now, but I am truly learning what it means to die to myself now.  Fear, which has ruled me my whole life, is a useless emotion when I belong to the MOST HIGH.  I no longer blindly struggle against you.  More and more, I see you and your ways and more and more I throw my hands up in the air in surrender to the one who has ultimate power over you.  You can't touch me.  I am HIS. (Neener, neener!!)
Nothing in THIS world matters.  Not the money, not the things, not the worry, not the sickness, not the sorrow, not the death.  Is it painful?  Oh, yes.  You know misery and pain and inflict it wherever you can.  But, I tell you now.  Go somewhere else.  Because my eyes are on the prize.  I will praise him in every storm.  I will forgive my enemies.  I will love when you want me to hate.  I will give my weaknesses to the Lord and I will NOT fight my own battles against you.  You battle me no longer.  You battle my God and we both know you have no chance with Him.  So, flee from me and mine, lest I stomp on your head with the supernatural power that is within me. You don't even know the amount of time I am in prayer silently, beseeching my God who hears my every thought. 
I am shrinking.  I am shrinking more and more every day and you know how powerful it makes me as I leave more and more room for the Holy Spirit to fill up my being and rule my life.  So, I have four words for you: GET THEE BEHIND ME.

He must become greater; I must become less. -John 3:30

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? -Psalm 27:1

Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm. - Psalm 20:7-8






No comments:

Post a Comment